Enjoy a day of halibut and salmon fishing out of Cook Inlet aboard our 28-foot Alumaweld boats.
- May – beginning of June
- Trip lasts up to 8-10 hours
- Each boat carries a maximum of 6 fishermen/fisherwomen
- Must obtain a King Salmon stamp on your AK fishing license
- $290 per person
The Coast Guard licensed Charter Captain will meet you and your fishing party at Deep Creek View Campground at the time determined when you book your charter.
You will troll for King Salmon either before or after your halibut trip, depending on the tide that day.
We provide the fishing gear, bait, and transportation from the campground to the beach of Deep Creek where the boats are launched (a unique experience in itself!). The captain gives a safety briefing once everyone is in the boat and seated.
After your trip, we bring you back to the campground to hang your catch for those memorable Alaskan photos. View photos from our previous trips in our photo blog. Then the captain and deckhand fillet your fish. Commercial vacuum sealing and freezing are available at the campground, as well as ice. And businesses in Ninilchik offer UPS and FEDEX shipping for your fish.
Deep Creek View Campground: Make reservations at our campground in Ninilchik! We offer electrical sites for motorhomes and RVs, tent sites for “outdoors enthusiasts,” and cabins. Visit our camping page for more information.
Local bed & breakfasts and cabins:
- Whispering Winds Retreat B&B (www.whisperingwindsretreat.net)
- Ninilchik Cabins & Café (www.ninilchikcnc.com)
- Soldotna & Homer are 37+ miles away and offer several choices for lodging. Check out the Anchorage Convention & Visitor’s Bureau website at www.anchorage.net, the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce (www.visitsoldotna.com), & the Homer Chamber of Commerce (www.homeralaska.org) for more information.
- More resources and travel information.
What to Bring
- 2020 face mask!
- Warm clothing;
- Rain gear;
- Alaska Fishing License (Visit the Alaska Fish and Game Online Licensing Web Site to get prices, information, and to purchase licenses and stamps online);
- Food and/or snacks & drinks;
- Cooler or fish box for temporary means of storing fish to take home;
- Sunglasses for those sunny days as well as sunscreen;
- Camera to capture those great memories;