Fish for salmon in the Kenai River or Kasilof River with a respectable river fishing guide. Depending on the day you plan to river fish, will depend on which type of salmon you will be fishing for.
- Dates: May – Labor Day
- Trip lasts up to 4-8 hours
- Each river boat carries a maximum of 4 fishermen/fisherwomen
- Must obtain a King Salmon stamp on your AK fishing license, if fishing for King Salmon
$270 per person
Fishing gear is provided. You will need to have transportation to get to the river.
After your trip, the captain will fillet your fish for you. Commercial vacuum sealing and freezing are available back at our campground for $1 per bag, as well as ice for $2 per bag. And there are businesses in Ninilchik which offer UPS and FEDEX shipping for your fish. Contact us for more information!
Deep Creek View Campground: Make reservations at our campground in Ninilchik! We offer electrical sites for motorhomes and RVs, tent sites for “outdoors enthusiasts,” and cabins. Visit our camping page for more information.
Local bed & breakfasts and cabins:
- Ninilchik Cabins & Café (www.ninilchikcnc.com)
- Soldotna & Homer are 37+ miles away and offer several choices for loding. Check out the Anchorage Convention & Visitor’s Bureau website at www.anchorage.net, the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce www.visitsoldotna.com, & the Homer Chamber of Commerce (www.homeralaska.org) for more information.
- More resources and travel information.
What to Bring
- 2020 face mask!
- Warm clothing;
- Rain gear;
- Alaska Fishing License (Visit the Alaska Fish and Game Online Licensing Web Site to get prices, information, and to purchase licenses and stamps online);
- Food and/or snacks & drinks;
- Cooler or fish box for temporary means of storing fish to take home;
- Sunglasses for those sunny days as well as sunscreen;
- Camera to capture those great memories;